Thursday, September 30, 2010

Richt vs. Hawkins: Hotseat Showdown

It seems like Colorado head coach Dan Hawkins has been on the hot seat for years. I guess those in power out in Colorado are too busy getting high to pull the trigger-maybe we could dump Adams out there and let him straighten them up. Anyways, it appears that even Colorado folks recognize that Richt is on the hotseat. Georgia coach Richt on hot seat after slow start - The Denver Post
The Denver Post contends that the difference between Richt and Hawkins is that Richt has a proven track record. I am getting tired of this line of reasoning. Richt's resting on his "track record" laurels ended last year. I don't know how they do it in the Big 12 (or is it Little 10 now?) but in the SEC you can only rest on a track record so long. This game is a must win for Richt, and for the SEC. AJ is back and hopefully the team has a "nowhere to go but up" attitude. We will find out who's seat is the hottest at 7 pm on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. if we lose this game, I don't know what I'll do. You will be able to find me in the gutter on East Bay Street. Actually Ill be in Clemson so you'll find me passed out naked at Death Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You referenced Colorado's pothead tendencies and submitted your post at 4:20. Coincidence? I think not. Keep up the good work.

    J Med

    ReplyDelete