Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm full of about this much crap...





Don't sell yourself short Urban, you're full of more doodoo than that! The Weasel King is in the news for all the right reasons. Today Urban made the announcement that he will be resigning as head coach of the Gators after the bowl season. I am sure many of you are thinking "yeah I'll believe it when I see it," and I am thinking the same thing. But, I hope he is finished at Florida, cause let's face it, his weaselly ass has had Georgia's number since he has been at UF. I will give props where props are due, and as such I have always begrudgingly admitted that Urban isn't a bad coach (he is dare I admit it, a good one). That doesn't mean I don't strongly dislike him, and think that maybe he is hoping to get a job offer from the Denver Broncos (I am sure this separation has been strenuous on the relationship between Urban and Timmy); all in all I will just be glad if he is actually absent from the UF sidelines next year. With regards to the coaching though, there has been a lot of stink down here in Jacksonville, Florida about Urban's lack of adaptability/unwillingness to adapt his system to the talent around him (i.e. a pocket passer like Brantley). Maybe it is his fear that he'll keel over from all the stress. Whatever the reason I really don't care, this is one case where I hope he isn't BSing all of us. Talk around the town is that the likes of Bob Stoops, Dan Mullen, and Bobby Petrino (a snake of epic proportions) are being targeted to fill the slot. If two out of those three coaches didn't beat the Dawgs this year I would be ok with the candidates. But, Petrino and Mullen did beat CMR and the Dawgs in what we should all be hoping was a down-down year. Regardless, with a (potentially) new coach and system implemented next year maybe UGA can pull out a win in Jax.
In other news three UGA players named to the first team All-SEC squad and they are pretty deserving. AJ was named to the second-team because in all reality his absence from the first four games of the season probably dropped him from "first overall pick" to just "first wide-receiver taken" status in the 2011 NFL Draft. FINALS are over with, let the (slightly more) frequent posting begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment