Sunday, October 10, 2010

Additional Thoughts on a Good Win

That was much needed! Nothing will reinvigorate a down squad and fan base like a putting a whoopin' on a hated rival. I just want to add a few of my own thoughts to my esteemed colleagues earlier post, and mention a few other noteworthy items.
  • AJ is the best...see below.
  • Murray again looked really good, I dare say great. I also think he is getting more comfortable with running the offense. I also like the fact that he can hurt defenses with his legs, and he is finally starting to do it.
  • I couldn't agree more with what Chuck said about Caleb King. I am not sure if I posted on the fact that Washaun seems to do more dancing than running, and if I didn't than know that it has been a consistent thought in my mind. Caleb sees the field and makes the necessary moves (disregarding the spin move last week!) to get upfield and get yards. 
  • I liked how the D played, granted Tennessee helped out a good bit, but the players still swarmed, wrapped up and made things happen. With regards to the long TD they gave up: Grantham and Latkos's defensive philosophy is more aggressive towards the ball and in play general; it opens the door for the D to make more BIG plays than a conservative style would. Conversely, it also tends to open the door for the opposing offense to make big plays-and that is what seemed to happen on that particular play. The DBs thought Simms was going down and they moved to the line, Simms escaped a sack and his receiver was open; at least that's what I thought about it. Good effort all around though.
In related news, apparently Boss Bailey, who served as an honorary captain, gave a rousing speech to the team Friday night. According to CMR and some of the players Boss "called them out" and roused feeling of what it means to play Georgia Football. It is a little disappointing that some of the players needed a reminder, and hopefully they won't for the rest of their college careers, but I am pleased that it woke the team up. They played great, Dawg football, and added an SEC win in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment