Saturday, October 16, 2010

Win #1 for Big Bad Bruce

Another great game today for UGA. I know a lot of people will say that it was just Vanderbilt, but that is the same Vanderbilt that has beat us within the last three years. We went out and took care of business exactly like I would expect Georgia to do.

Aaron Murray is the real deal. He has quietly compiled quite an impressive season up to this point. His stat line reads 1366 yds, 10 TD, and 3 Int. The 2-3 skinny posts he threw over the middle could not have been thrown any better. I was thinking today that he might be in the running for freshman of the year, but of course we will have to improve our record. Another thought concerning Murray is Chrsitian Lemay. If Lemay sees our freshman QB playing well will he still be willing to commit to Georgia knowing he won’t play for three years. Just an interesting thought to think about.

I know Ealey went over 100 yds, but it still looked liked he missed a lot of holes and doesn’t run North-South enough.

On the defensive side of the ball I also thought we looked good. I loved to see Grantham fired up and yelling at our players even when the score was 35-0. I like how Alec Ogletree looked and I am starting to think he should see some more playing time. I know Rambo and Boykin are supposed to be the two best players in the secondary, but it seems that they are the two who are always getting burned. I think they are trying to be heroes instead of staying in their spots.

I know this is crazy talk, but if we win out and USC loses to Florida and Arkansas we are on our way to Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment