Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Were Improving Every Week"

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don’t know how many people listen to CMR’s (Coach Mark Richt) radio show every Monday night, but for the last four weeks when asked about the state of affairs at UGA, CMR has responded with “We are getting better every week”. I cannot begin to explain how tired I am of hearing these words. Obviously, what you are doing ISNT WORKING!!! Why can’t CMR give us some opinions with some concrete ideas that he is using to fix this team? If I had my way this is what a hypothetical Monday press conference might sound like with CMR:

Caller: Well CMR your guys sure aren’t getting it done on Saturdays.

CMR: You know what caller you are absolutely correct. We look like a bunch of high school ball players.

Caller: What is your plan to fix this ugly situation?

CMR: As of Monday every position is open. Every redshirt is taken away. If I have to play 22 freshmen I will, if they are the players who show me that they want to play. Nobody’s job is safe (except Murray and Green) and I expect these young men to show me some passion.

Caller: That is the best thing I heard from you in a while.

CMR: Well thank you caller. I realized the way I have coached my team the last three years is leading us straight to the Big South conference and instead of just rinse and repeat like normal, I think it is time for a change.

This would make me respect CMR and want him to continue to be our coach. This past week when Alabama just got done demolishing Florida. Saban was asked about the performance and blatantly said we played like crap in the second half. When Dabo held his weekly press conference he ripped into the fans about not wanting to show up for a 12:00 game. This type of honesty is refreshing and I would probably have a heart attack if CMR responded in any of these ways.

On a different note I feel really bad for Aaron Murray. He has to be thinking something like “I am the QB who has lead UGA to a 1-4 record. I can’t believe this”. I think he should hold his head high because he has played admirably.

Also the AJC must have read my last post because Mark Bradley recently posted this article. What’s wrong with UGA? Sad to say, it starts with Mark Richt.

No comments:

Post a Comment